Monday, August 24, 2009

Okay, so it started with this email.

Anyhow, it turns out there was a secret Dandy Warhols show at rontoms tonight. For free. In a room that holds, what, 150 people if they're all really, really good friends? And I was there. In the front row, so close that Courtney Taylor-Taylor could have spit on me. The Boyfriend gets these emails from rontoms telling him about the shows, and there was a *SURPRISE SECRET HEADLINER* and a hint. Marvelously, unbelievably, the-best-of 1990s with pedals galore and a bell-sleeved dress and a boy-bob haircut and a practiced sexy pout. It was a great time, and I'll get to tell my grandkids about it.

I know, I'm terribly behind. I'm working on it. Sasquatch, and PDX Pop Now!, and all sorts of little shows (and not-so-little ones) in between. There are posts galore in draft, half-finished, scribbled notes, snippets and partial sentences and fragments and bits, fermenting and bubbling, nearly ready to burst forth into cascades of schadenfreude and fascinated disdain. But today, I saw Jared Mees and the Grown Children, had a nice dinner entirely sourced from my garden and the farmer's market (except for some salt, pepper, butter, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar), then went to see the Dandies. Seriously...the Dandies. I'm still wowed by that.

More to come. As always.

No comments: